Non Profit OrganizationsMuseums
Open House 1pm-4pm
1st & 3rd Sundays June - September
Located in Troy Township, Sauk County, Wisconsin, the Harrisburg School is one of the last remaining one room school buildings in the county. Built in 1892, the school educated eight grades with one teacher and had an enrollment as high as 35. The school was closed in 1955 and consolidated into the Black Hawk School District.
The Harrisburg-Troy Historical Society, Inc. was organized in 2010 with a mission “to educate the public on the history of the Harrisburg area and Troy Township—and to preserve and protect such history for the education of future generations.”
The school replicates early days with many original items and is a step into the past. The basement is a museum of historical Town articles and artifacts.