Motor Transport Operators are primarily responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. They are the backbone of the Army National Guard's support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield.
- Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways
- Manage load, unload and safety of personnel being transported
- Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers
- Employ convoy defense techniques
- Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies
- Prepare vehicles for movement/shipment by air, rail or vessel.
Future Civilian Careers: The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with trucking, moving or bus companies, or with businesses that have their own delivery fleets. You'll be able to consider a future as a tractor-trailer truck, tank truck and heavy truck or bus driver
The Wisconsin Army National Guard
is a part-time service branch of the military. With over 66 different armories in the state, there's opportunities to serve almost anywhere! Citizen-soldiers, as they are known, serve only 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks in the summer, but still receive full-time benefits such as:
- Free college tuition
- Low-cost health insurance/ life insurance
- Paid job training
- Up to $20,000 in bonuses
- Serving the local community
- Career advancement
Will you be the one to answer the call?
Contact SFC Rocco Sylvester at (608) 512-8112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always Ready, Always There