Title: RN – Sauk Prairie Healthcare Campus Clinic
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Registered Nurse will provide assessment and treatment of patients, providing quality, professional nursing care, and assisting medical provider with medical procedures as requested.
This position will also perform Employee Health-related functions such as, but not limited to: conducting pre-employment physicals, reviewing labs and reporting physical clearance, annual employee and volunteer flu/TB requirements, and review and follow-up on employee incident/illness reports.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Immediate Care Responsibilities
Employee Health Responsibilities
- Utilize the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
- Perform nursing procedures, including therapeutic phlebotomies and allergy injections.
- Assist medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider’s attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
- Assist medical provider with procedures as requested.
- Administer medication by all routes. Demonstrate and understand administration techniques. Recognize the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Use knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
- Triage/screen telephone call related to patient care.
- Obtain appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e., using direct symptom related questions – Keeping patient focused.)
- Make nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
- Implement appropriate care using nursing assessment, critical thinking skills, protocols, and standing orders.
- Perform delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
- Assess patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participate using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider. Manage patient flow and perform patient rooming workflows as requested.
- Collect laboratory samples.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Establish working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information.
- Provide Employee Health services in accordance with SPH policies and procedures, standards of care and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in quality assurance and accreditation activities to identify and maintain compliance in areas associated with employee health.
- Provide and maintain the immunization/tuberculosis screening and surveillance program for SPH employees (including candidates for employment and current employees) and volunteers. Employee immunization requirements include vaccination or immunity regarding measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, tetanus, pertussis and hepatitis B and current tuberculosis testing and symptom review. Volunteer immunization requirements include vaccination or immunity regarding rubella and current tuberculosis testing and symptom review.
- Conduct pre-employment physicals.
- Monitor new hire pre-employment drug screens.
- Perform for cause substance abuse screening and testing as necessary.
- In cooperation with Infection Control, ensure compliance with OSHA blood borne pathogen (BBP) precautions, use of safe-sharps, and post-exposure process.
- Coordinate the care and follow up activities for employee/volunteer exposure to BBP or communicable disease. Report exposures and employee-contracted communicable diseases to Infection Control Practitioner and public health agencies as required.
- Provide annual TB testing and follow-up on any new conversions or positives.
- Provide immunization services for employees including teaching, counseling, follow-up and record keeping.
- Provide annual employee/volunteer influenza vaccination.
- Work with Human Resources related to employee incident reporting of injuries, illnesses, and exposures. Assists in incident/exposure investigation, and in the monitoring of employee illnesses for trends.
- Assist Respiratory Therapy with OSHA Respirator Medical Questionnaires and employee fit testing as needed.
- Complete data entry and maintenance of employee health records in electronic record and hard copy chart.
- Take a leadership role in the facilitation of department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Lead and participate in site process and policy improvement teams.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Required: Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Licenses and Registrations:
- Required: None
- Preferred: 1 – 3 years’ experience as a nurse in a healthcare setting, ideally in primary care medical clinic
- Required: State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility