Title: Manager – Facility Services
FTE: Full time (1.0 FTE)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, primarily 8:00 – 5:00 PM
This position is responsible for all items relating to facilities and energy management within the SPH system. This scope of service includes real estate management, facilitating long range planning, facilities maintenance, alterations and operations, disposal of physical plant facilities and equipment, and all engineering of replacement or repairs of HVAC equipment. This position supports the design and construction of new construction and renovation projects.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Core Manager Responsibilities:
- Provides general oversight and coordination of daily operations of one or more departments.
- Assumes leadership role in establishing and achieving department goals. Assists in the development of new services lines and/or programs. Prepares project specific reports.
- Accomplishes daily department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
- Directly oversees and addresses daily operational needs, typically for multiple cost centers.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops and implements department workflow processes to increase efficiency, accuracy and decrease re-work.
- Assists with development of policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Conducts daily rounds on team members to ensure optimal workflow and addresses daily staffing needs.
- Addresses department staffing assignments daily, ensuring optimal workflows are implemented. Evaluates staff workloads to ensure equitable distribution of work and to determine appropriate staffing levels
- Responsible for addressing human resource needs (e.g., interviewing, hiring, training and development, annual evaluations, etc.).
- Sets goals for individual team members that are in alignment with the department’s and organization’s goals. Holds personnel accountable for all activities outlined in their job descriptions, Service Excellence Standards, and other organizational requirements. Trains and onboards new hires to make sure they understand their roles. Communicates job expectations.
- In consultation with supervisor, coaches, counsels, and applies corrective action to employees as needed.
- Approves payroll for assigned team members.
- Works directly with staff to maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies
- Works directly with staff to maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending system improvements.
- Actively reviews staff use of materials, equipment, etc. and provides feedback to staff to ensure best use of resources.
- Supports and explains policies to staff. Functions as a liaison between physicians, administration, and staff.
- Participates in developing and monitoring assigned budgets. Analyzes budget reports monthly to identify and correct for variances. Identifies and implements cost containment programs to be fiscally responsible.
- Serves on organizational committees as assigned.
- Occasionally provides services at the staff level during periods of staffing instability.
- Overall responsibility for engineering and maintenance of SPH utility services, buildings, and grounds.
- Administers and implement preventive maintenance programs to ensure uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant, off-site clinics and surrounding buildings & grounds. Monitors applications to assure maximum effectiveness and ensures appropriate documentation of same.
- Ensures periodic inspection of buildings and utility systems to determine need for alterations and repairs.
- Oversees facility refurbishment and/or renovations.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors.
- Coordinates office moves.
- Calculates and compares costs for goods and services. Negotiates contracts.
- Coordinates and monitor activities of contractors and vendors.
- Serves as liaison with State and other regulatory authorities inspecting buildings and utility systems.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory standards, including OSHA, DHS, and HFAP. This includes required preparation and maintenance of records required by state, federal, or accrediting bodies.
- Serves as an active member of the SPH Infection Control and/or Safety Committees.
- Functions as Safety Director in the annual evaluation of the Environment of Care Management Plans in the following areas:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Hazardous Materials
- Life Safety
- Responsible for the selection and coordination of all maintenance/engineering service contractors.
- Participates in the recommendation and selection of architects and engineers, and ensures all contractual provisions are met along with established codes.
- Develops, monitors, and controls the maintenance department’s capital and operating budgets.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering or related field such as business or construction management
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related field, or Business Administration desirable.
Licenses and Registrations:
- Required: 3-5 years’ experience in maintenance and facilities management with at least one year of bona fide supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Healthcare facilities management experience desirable.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility