Title: Health Informatics Analyst - RN
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday (days)
Holiday Rotation: see below
Weekend Rotation: see below
On Call Requirements: Call rotation for after-hours and weekends
The Health Informatics Analyst position provides expertise and support of the Electronic Health Record and other integrated solutions to users for the use of delivering patient care. This position assists in the development, testing, implementation and supports system applications and processes to meet the requirements of the organization. Performs extensive consulting and communication with all users of the technology, vendors, and outside agencies with their ultimate goal being to work to maintain and/or improve patient care and support departmental workflows. Ensures that the software build meets organizational goals and external mandates such as HIPAA and CMS.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support for internal and external contacts:
- Efficiently and effectively covers any of the functional areas within the Information Services team.
- Monitors system effectiveness and/or performance to determine if there are any potential problems, reports critical findings to coworkers and/or supervisor and resolves somewhat complex problems.
- Develops and maintains test scripts to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Reviews and tests changes, interfaces, data conversion, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- Participates in disaster recovery initiatives.
- Acts as a lead within an initiative, or body of work and utilize project management tools in doing so.
- Works with various hospital departments in forecasting the needs for their departments and assists with advancing technology applications for optimization and efficiency
- Leads process improvement initiatives related to EHR applications systems.
- Formulates systems scope and objectives through research of customer needs and understanding of business processes.
- Collaborates with staff to complete necessary documentation for issues, enhancements, and other program needs.
- Develops and documents any changes in workflow practice or change management that has an impact directly on the IS department or organization for communication out to staff.
- Proactively identifies system risks and brings them forward with a recommendation plan.
- Develops designs and diagrams of complex workflow into easy to understand display tools.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity to create solutions that are not already available in the systems.
- Implements changes within the team and mentors on change management principles.
- Utilizes the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC): project definition, user requirements definition, system requirements definition, analysis and design, system build, implementation and training, sustainment.
- Uses logic, analysis, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, and considers costs/benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Assists initially and potentially ongoing user training and education in the operation of new system applications.
- Attends meetings with EHR users to maintains a working knowledge of application use and workflows necessary to effect changes to the EHR.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of: current trends and issues in healthcare, healthcare informatics, regulations and standards as related to the EHR.
- Mentors and serves as a resource to co-workers and influences others to achieve department outcomes.
- Assists with taking help desk calls and call rotation 24/7 as needed.
- Supports other departments by keeping superusers abreast of new functionality and system changes.
- Provides assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Assists with trouble shooting software and assisting with implementing software upgrades
- Prepares educational material and provides training to EHR users.
- Leads usability and proactive rounding sessions within hospital departments for user satisfaction outcomes.
- Monitors issues and concerns to track and report any issues to EHR vendor and follow up to ensure issues are being worked appropriately.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field (Health Information Management, Information Systems, Health Informatics, or health IT). An alternative degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in healthcare informatics may be considered.
- Preferred: None
Licenses and Registrations:
- Required: 3 years of experience in a healthcare setting working with electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Preferred: 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting working with electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Required: Valid State of Wisconsin License as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Certified Professional in Health Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) through HIMSS, Certified Professional Healthcare Informatics (CPHI) through AHIMA, Certified Clinical Informatics through ANCC
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility