Title: CNA – Surgery and Surgery Center
FTE: Part Time (.5 FTE)
Schedule: Week one Monday and Wednesday from 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM and Week two Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
On Call Requirements: One weekday per week until 8:30 PM
Under the supervision and guidance of a licensed registered nurse, the certified nursing assistant is responsible for assisting with direct patient care within the scope of their practice as well as other work on the unit which supports the patient environment. Assists staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and attractive environment for patients. Work will include components of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of the patient environment.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct patient care for multiple patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse as described below:
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides adjunct care by administering nonsterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths.
- Provide patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing staff.
- Timely and accurately relay and document patient information, to include: physical and mental status changes, vital signs, meal consumption, liquid intake, glucose results, distances walked, and daily bowel movement and urine amounts.
- Care for a variety of patients including young, old, confused, dying, diverse ethnicity, and those in isolation.
- Ensure a clean and safe patient environment, equipped with adequate supplies for each patient. Assist in keeping the patient rooms, supply rooms, and hallways neat, clean, and orderly.
- Demonstrate understanding and utilization of Universal Precautions, asepsis, and infection control procedures.
- Attend to patients’ family members in a caring and sensitive manner.
- Participate in department or unit quality improvement activities and attends 75% of Unit Meetings.
- Participate in continuing education through in-services and other programs.
- Under the direction of the Director of Surgical Services, perform in the role of Registration Specialist or Surgery Unit Secretary as assigned.
- Float to Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) and other units as directed.
- Perform precepting duties as assigned.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Required: High School Degree or equivalent
- Preferred: None
Licenses and Registrations:
- Required: None
- Preferred: Previous experience as a nursing assistant
- Required: Valid certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Preferred: None
- Required: Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: None
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility