The Banking Advisor 1 provides Extraordinary Service with a focus on acquiring and expanding relationships with current and prospective clients. The Banking Advisor 1 is responsible for opening and closing accounts, promoting all of Monona Bank products and services, responding to client inquiries or service requests, and processing teller transactions by performing all Client Service Associate (teller) duties. The time split between banker and teller activities will vary based on branch needs. Under direction from the Branch Manager, the Banking Advisor works to achieve their targeted level for product sales, service behaviors, and referral goals.
The mission of Monona Bank is to create extraordinary banking experiences where everyone prospers. To reach that goal, our associates continually strive to ensure every interaction with our clients and co-workers exceeds their expectations. Monona Bank’s core values of honesty, integrity, clarity and trust guide associates to take time to understand client needs and genuinely commit our knowledge and resources to positively impact the prosperity of our clients, communities, associates and shareholders.
Primary Job Duties Include:
- Ensure a positive interaction with internal and external clients on the phone and in person.
- Act as a trusted advisor by consistently educating clients about their financial choices and making appropriate recommendations based on their unique needs.
- Open and close deposit accounts for personal and business clients. Discuss and recommend additional products and services which meet the client’s financial needs.
- Understand all Monona Bank consumer loan products and assist clients with loan inquiries and the online application process.
- Understand and adhere to all relevant compliance policies, procedures, and regulations. Provide appropriate regulatory disclosures within required time frames.
- Effectively collect and monitor delinquent accounts and demonstrate sound judgement in handling client exceptions, while seeking and documenting appropriate approval as necessary.
- Engage in consultative sales conversations and confidently recommend products and services and refer clients to Monona Bank business, investment, and mortgage associates.
- Respond to client service requests and error resolution with a high degree of accuracy and detail while providing outstanding service.
- Assist with smooth and efficient branch operations by recommending and participating in ongoing process development and improvement.
- Protect all confidential information obtained on the job by safeguarding it when in use, filing it properly when not in use, disposing of it properly and discussing it only with those who have a legitimate business need to know.
- Completes all assigned training courses in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to: Compliance, Information Security and job specific trainings.
- Provide a variety of account services to consumer and business clients, including: processing deposits, processing loan payments, cashing checks, withdrawing cash, selling related check items.
- Record all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with Monona Bank policies and procedures.
- Recommend Bank products by informing clients of products and services that may be beneficial to their current and future financial needs.
- Responsible for researching and resolving all teller transactions when potential errors are identified and communicating with affected clients.
- Maintain a professional work area by keeping the teller station clean, filled with supplies, organized with all personal belongings out of sight from clients.
Benefits of Working at Monona Bank:
- Associates Degree in Business; Finance, or related field; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional client service skills acquired through a minimum of 1-year direct client service, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Competitive compensation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent, Limited and Medical)
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Special Banking Offers and Discounts
- A fun environment to learn and grow!
*Some benefits may be subject to a plan waiting period*
Monona Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our commitment to creating an extraordinary bank, we encourage all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status to apply. We work hard to exceed our client’s expectations and by promoting a supportive, diverse, and respectful workforce, we believe our team is among the best. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If an individual needs reasonable accommodations to apply for or perform a job at Monona Bank, please contact Human Resources at (608) 310-1231.